The musings of a previously unemployed Jewish Freemason. I write about the job search, about Judaism, and about Freemasonry.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Working again; Valley of Guthrie, AASR SJ.

I was hired nearly two weeks ago by a nearby hospital to help them communicate with other hospitals. More medical IT work. The commute is longer, but it is a reverse commute (rush hour going in the other direction). I was unemployed for 3½ weeks this time, down considerably from the 3 months the last two times I was out of work. I am grateful to Providence for such swift relief.

I'm surprised I forgot to mention my adventure back in April, so I will mention it now. In the first weekend in April, I and three friends from the Valley of Boston in the Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite, Northern Masonic Jurisdiction, responded to an invitation to visit the Valley of Guthrie, in the Orient of Oklahoma, Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction for their Spring Reunion. Every Spring, the Valley of Guthrie convenes in their beautiful Scottish Rite Temple, and confers all of the Scottish Rite degrees, from the 4° through the 32°, in a long weekend, from Friday through Sunday. You will recall that in previous posts, I had rhetorically offered to turn in my 32° Pocket Jewel until I had attended all the degrees up to and including it. I can now wear my jewel with pride, knowing that I have earned my title of Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret.

This adventure deserves more description than I can offer today, so I will write a future blog post describing my visit to the Valley of Guthrie. I should mention that I petitioned for membership, and received it, so I am now a dual member of the Valley of Guthrie. It gives me great pleasure to be a member of both obediences, that of the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction, and of the Southern Jurisdiction, the Mother Jurisdiction of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry.

UPDATE June 28th, 2011: The project I was working on has been indefinitely postponed, so I am unemployed again. Easy come, easy go. Back to job hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment