The musings of a previously unemployed Jewish Freemason. I write about the job search, about Judaism, and about Freemasonry.

Friday, March 20, 2009

I have a job

I agreed to start work for a hospital network as a contract employee. I have a 6-8 month contract, but the other people from my staffing agency who work there have all had their contracts renewed, or have been subsequently hired permanently by the company. The pay is hourly, and is very generous. I start work at the end of the month. The position is primarily project management, with some QA testing thrown in for good measure. I am very pleased.

Last night my lodge conducted some serious business, about which I am obligated to keep silent. After it was concluded, we all went to an Italian restaurant for pizza and beer. I submitted to the lodge secretary the paperwork for the Master Mason Rookie award, and I gave the Worshipful Master of the local Lodge of Instruction a rough draft of a paper I will submit along with the talk I give in May at the Lodge of Instruction on the 47th Problem of Euclid. It's fun to spend time with the brothers in a more festive setting. While the festive boards at my lodge are very enjoyable, it was a real treat to meet outside of lodge for food and drink. I had to leave early because I had a job interview this morning for three hours, from 9 AM until noon. While I ended up choosing another position, I enjoyed the interview very much. The job I interviewed for today would have been my fall-back plan had the job I chose not come through for me. For the rest of the weekend, I intend to relax and celebrate my new job.

No comments:

Post a Comment